Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mid-week entertainment

These are two photographs from earlier this winter.......thought they might provoke a little chuckle.....



This is when the UVa Community Garden moved the cold frame up to the Hereford garden. I was confident it would fit in the back of my truck before we loaded it. Did I mention it is 12 feet long? Oh, and I drove on the road with it like this - I had to climb in the passenger side to get in the truck....and Wynnie rode in the back to hold it steady. Not the brightest idea we've ever had. I think we'll enlist someone with a full size truck to help if we move it again.



This is one of my sister's hand crafted chicken houses at her house in Arkansas. She really enjoys building things out of scraps, although rarely fully finishes a single project (note the lack of shingles). I thought this one was especially creative. I think she should make a series of them - the chickens could then decide which house to roost in depending on their mood. :)


Happy Wednesday!!!!



1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the picture of your baby-truck. Truly a "danger ranger" mission right there.

    - SAS

    ReplyDelete