Thursday, July 23, 2009

Harvesting

The sun is shining, the bees buzzing, and it's harvest time!  It seems almost everything is ripe right now and we've been busy harvesting squash, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, green beans, potatoes, peppers, and blueberries!  Needless to say, it's been busy and my little fingers are getting quite the workout :).  

I also finally remembered to take my camera to the farm......and then the battery died - bah!  I did get to take a few pictures though to share today.  I hope to take my camera again soon and get the back fields (with much more produce) and the chickens.......


A portion of the hoop house and garden with squash, tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce (about 100 feet long) and a little closer to see the squash below


Blueberries!  They look and taste fantastic, but gosh are they time consuming to pick!


The barn, one chicken tractor, and hoop house from a distance


A row of tomatoes and a few squash plants



Romaine lettuce above and red leaf below

No comments:

Post a Comment