Sunday, March 9, 2014

What a Week...

My gosh I'm glad it's Sunday - it was quite a week. A few of the highlights:

1.  I finished expanding the garden bed out back and we spread a truckload of mulch
2.  Sleet, thunder, lightening, and snow all happened simultaneously
3.  Our plumbing backed up and flooded the laundry room
4.  School was closed for two snow days
5.  I got the car stuck in our neighborhood and we had to push it back to the house and into the garage
6.  We went to see Keller Williams play at George's
7.  I read two whole books
8.  Great turnout and a fun time at the Fayetteville Seed Exchange
9.  The crocus (croci?) are blooming

A few photos of the backyard (before the last week's snow), because it's way more exciting than a flooded laundry room:


 Before and after mulch - I was expanding this area to plant a cherry tree until I learned we basically have a utility super highway running through the back yard with gas, cable, phone, and electric lines all where I wanted to plant. The pink paint was my proposed line - everything else is marking underground utilities - yikes!   I'm going to have to find a new spot for a tree, but at least now this area is prepped and mulched and I'll probably plant tomatoes there later this year.



 Planted these sugar snap peas two weeks ago knowing it was a little early.  Despite being under snow most of last week, I'm hopeful they'll sprout this week.


Charlie makes sure I take plenty of breaks when working in the yard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment